Shade Structure Steel Specifications(for standard units up to 1600 sq. ft)
The Steel Structure is designed to meet or exceed the requirements of the 2006 IBC Building Code. The steel structure includes a 1-year warranty for workmanship and the powder coated surface, and a 10-year warranty against failure of the structure. The fabric top includes a 10-year pro-rated warranty against significant fading, tearing, and ripping, except for Red, which is covered by a 3-year fade warranty.
The foundations are designed depending on specific soil conditions of the installation site. This is determined during the site survey and engineering phases of a project.
Concrete work is executed in strict accordance with the latest standards set forth in the American Concrete Institute Building Code (ACI 318-99.)
28-Day Strength: 2500 psi
Cast in-place anchors are A-36 steel.
All Reinforcement conforms to 60,000 psi ASTM A-42 Grade 60(excludes Super Spans and Tension Cable Structures). Reinforcement steel, if required, is designed, detailed, fabricated and placed in accordance with the latest ACI Detailing Manual (SP-66) and CRSI Manual of Standard Practice
All steel tubing is triple coated for rust protection using the in-line zinc electroplating, Allied Flo-Coat� process. Tubing is internally coated with zinc and organic coatings to prevent corrosion.
All structural steel plates are rust/corrosion treated by zinc electroplating. Steel tubing and plates are finished with a minimum of 2.5 ~ 3.5 mil-thick UV-inhibited weather resistant powder coat.
Where size of structure or determined loads require larger structural steel members or steel greater than 7 gauge thickness, carbon steel may be substituted. Cleaning and coating of carbon steel conforms to the following:
- A de-greasing agent is applied to remove surface oil and grease.
- An acid-phosphate wash be applied to etch and prepare the surface for powder-coating, where wall thickness requires pre-heating.
- Steel members are to be pre-heated prior to powder coat application to assure adhesion.
2. Steel telescoped sleeves do not have more than 1/16″ tolerance, with no less than 4″ overlap at all sleeves. All internal fittings are welded on one side.
3. Structural steel is detail, fabricated, and erected in accordance with AISC specifications.
4. All shop and field welding is executed by certified welders in accordance with the latest edition of the American Welding Society specifications.
5. Shop connections are welded unless noted otherwise. Field connections are separately indicated on all drawings.
6. All welds are performed using E70 electrodes or gas-metal arc welding using ER 7053 wire. All fillet welds are a minimum 3/16″ unless otherwise noted. All steel shall be welded shut at terminations to prevent internal leakage.
All structural field connections of the structure shall be designed and made with high-strength bolted connections using ASTM A-354, Grade B or SAE J249, Grade 8
All stainless steel bolts shall comply with ASTM F-593, Alloy Group 1 or 2. All bolt fittings shall include rubber washers for water-tight seals at joints. All nuts shall comply with ASTM F-594, Alloy Group 1 or 2.
Wire rope is �” nominal diameter, 7 strand, 19 wires per strand (minimum), with a miminum nominal tensile strength of 9,000 pounds. Wire rope shall be secured with appoved fittings and cable hardware, as per manufacturers’ specifications.
* Actual steel colors may vary slightly different than the colors shown here.
* Custom steel colors and coastal primer are available for an additional cost.