helps educators and programmers maximize playgrounds to promote physical activity, develop wellness habits, and meet national standards for physical fitness all in the context of fun. We want to develop healthy habits in Americas youth because we know the most reliable way to become a healthy adult is to be an active and healthy child. We hope this ground-breaking play curriculum will play a key role in helping you strengthen and educate todays children.
- 100 Detachable Learning Activities for children in grades K 5
- Aligned with NASPE physical education standards
- Swinging, sliding, overhead brachiating, spinning, balancing, climbing and overall fitness activities
- Promote Moderate and Rigorous Levels of Physical Activity that lead to strength, endurance, flexibility, balance, and cardiovascular fitness
- Playground Funding Resources
- Safety Resources and Teaching Tips
- Accommodations for children of varying abilities
- Research-based data on the value of physical activity
- Commentary on the importance of play
- Skill Assessment Worksheet for providing feedback, motivating students to set goals, or tracking achievement
American Association for Physical Activity and Recreation (AAPAR) and the
American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD).