Buy without bidding –
Co-operative purchasing contracts for playgrounds
Sealed bid purchasing can add unnecessary work and delays. Customers can be forced to accept the low bidder of often lower than expected quality. Purchasing with one of these contracts simplifies the process and ensures the design and intent remain the same – serving as a place for your community to gather, grow and thrive.
Snider Recreation is a member of
- Ohio State Term Schedule – Ohio STS Schedule Number:800702
- COSTARS, Pennsylvania – Contract Number: 014-075
- MAC, Michigan Association of Communities – Contract Number: HV-988-031221-B
What does that mean to you?
- Purchasing off one of these programs allow you to meet necessary legal and competitive bidding requirements
- Customers pay no fees to use these programs.
- Customer will not have to struggle with writing RFPs (request for proposals) to get apples to-apples comparison.
What are these co-operative programs?
- Ohio State Term Schedule or Ohio STS– Contract Purchasing agreement established by the State of Ohio that can be used to purchase playground equipment and other recreation products
- HGAC Buy is a government to government procurement service available nationwide that allows you to buy using purchasing agreements.
- GSA-US General Services Administration. Companies such as Snider Recreation are pre-qualified to provide service and products.
- OMNIA & Sourcewell are national governmental purchasing cooperatives able to leverage the purchasing potential of governmental entities in all 50 states – this means equal pricing for the smallest entity and the largest buyer. All contracts are competitively bid and evaluated by a government entity serving as the lead agency.
- COSTARS is a new approach to the Cooperative Purchasing Program and encourages the formulation of an interactive partnership between Local Public Procurement Units and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- MAC has a program that provides public entities with the opportunity to collaboratively procure valuable goods and services at competitive prices. MAC is the only statewide organization dedicated to the representation of all county commissioners in Michigan.